1. Buy good quality day old ducks such as Queen Duck and other superior varieties
2. Maintenance period for a 1-day-old duck (DOD) is 7 days
3. Build a brooder cage for the DOD
4. Prepare sweet (sugar) drinking water
5. Install a 100-watt lamp for a capacity of 100 ducks
6. Give the ducks drinking water mixed with vitamin (vitachick)
7. Use N511 brand for the food since it contains 19% protein. The amount of food to be given is 6-8 kilograms for 100 ducks.
8. Give powdered food for 7 days
9. Immediately move a wet duck to avoid death caused by cold.
The variety of duck to be used is a superior layer, such as Queen Duck and other superior varieties. The ratio of ducks being bred is 1 Male : 9 Females. The maintenance period for a 1-day-old duck (DOD) is 7 days.
Caring for the DODs is done in the following manner:
1 Build a brooder cage for the DOD as follows:
a) A brooder cage can be built anywhere as long as it is shielded from the rain and has dry ground, such as soil or wooden board as usually found in stage houses. Cover the bottom layer of the brooder cage with old newspapers to keep it dry.
b) Spread wood shavings waste on the used papers. Select wood shavings waste with the following qualifications: clean, dry, dirt-free and absorbs water. This material is used because it is cheap and easy to find around a wood processing or furniture making places.
c) When a soil-based cage is used, then the wood shavings are to be spread as thick as 7-10 cm from the base. If the cage does not have a soil foundation (wood-based or cement-based), then it will only need 4 cm layer of wood shavings.
2 Prepare sweet (sugar) drinking water for DOD that has just arrived on the cage location to restore its energy. Give additional vitamins when needed.
3 Put the DOD in the brooder cage which has a capacity of 50 ducks per square metre.
4 Install a 100-watt lamp for a capacity of 100 ducks. Keep the light on for 24 hours, approximately for 4 days in a row.
5 Using a water gallon, give the ducks drinking water mixed with vitamin (vitachick) for 3 days in a row. Replace the water if it looks dirty (contaminated by feces or dirt).
6 Give powdered food for 7 days. Use HI Provid vitamin 511 brand because it contains 23% protein which is needed to accelerate duck’s growth (bones, feather and muscles). This food is given with a ratio of 15 grams/duck/day.
7 At night, check the cage to see if there is a