1. To make the handicraft’s box frame, the following tools and materials are needed:
2. For the handicraft to have the desired shape, we need to make a box frame. A box frame can the shape of anything that we desire. Steps in making the frame for a tissue box and a round jewellery box are as follows:
3. Make a box frame using a thick 3T cardboard. Measure the shape as desired. For example: in making a tissue box, then we need to measure all sides of the existing tissue box (used as a model) and draw every side of the box on a thick cardboard. In making a round jewellery box, use a compass (available at stationery/school supplies stores) to make the desired circle shape.
4. Cut the pattern that was drawn on the cardboard.
5. Next step is to cut gauze cloth in the shape of the cardboard pattern that was cut in the precious step, by pressing the gauze cloth on the cardboard pattern then cut the fabric 2 cm from the edge of the cardboard, so the gauze cloth will have a bigger size than the cardboard.
6. Smear Fox paper glue on the cardboard pattern, then fix the gauze cloth on it gently to avoid wrinkles or bubbles on the cloth.
7. Join the sides of the cardboard pattern and smear with silicon glue to strengthen it. After they are attached, the handicraft box frame is finished.
Published by MicroAid
Simple Steps give poor families a chance to see many different types of home livelihoods in simple, easy to understand photos and text. This helps families to choose the right livelihood for them. Simple Steps are the first step on the road to finding a profitable, poverty free livelihood for them and their family.
MicroAid Monthly Newsletters